Thursday, April 26, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Sliders

This is probably the easiest meal / snack / whatever you want to call it anyone can make, trust me, it is very hard for anyone to ruin this. So my sister Claudia has a weird obsession with Sliders, every time I ask "What should I make for dinner?..or what should I make for Ben's party? " etc. She ALWAYS, never fails to say Sliders, the weird part is she doesn't even eat meat, not that you necessarily have to eat meat to eat sliders, but yeah..that's Claudia for you, so my love Caya here are your sliders.


You will need..


A Crockpot
4 Chicken Breasts
Your favorite Hot Wing Sauce
Provolone Cheese
Lettuce
Pepper
Mini Burger Buns
1/2 cup of Water
Cooking Spray


I used Tony Roma's Wing Sauce for no specific reason..I think Franks is a popular one..so choose your favorite :) I got the mini buns in the Target Bakery.




I kid you not, I prepped this meal before work in like 5 minutes max, if that. That includes looking for my crock-pot that Daniel hid very well in our pantry. I try using our crock-pot for more than heating nacho cheese or as they say in Texas..Queso..anyway I got this little gem for my wedding from Daniel's grandma, and its lasted almost 6 years now, I love it, and every working person should own one.



So spray the pot with cooking spray and pepper your chicken breasts, notice I used frozen and it came out fine. I poured my wing sauce over it, and added a 1/2 a cup of water to the bottom of the pot. You can use as much wing sauce as you can stomach, in my case I used I'd say 1/4 of the bottle. Then added more later.

Set it on low, and go on about your day! I was gone for over 9 hours and it didn't burn. My guess is, if you use non frozen chicken you would cook it for 6 hours on low.
...9 hours later I shredded the chicken and you can add more wing sauce until you're satisfied.


From here its very obvious..toast your buns a little, add the shredded lettuce, I like provolone cheese so I added a slice, but Blue Cheese would be good too, add  your shredded buffalo chicken, and there you have it..Buffalo Sliders!

And if anyone is wondering, this is Claudia <3

-Gloria

1 comment:

  1. looks delicious, your blog looks lovely by the ways, keep up the good work, ill be visiting again very soon hehe :)

    ENTER MY 'A QUESTION OF' T-SHIRT GIVEAWAY,
    (open to all)
    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete